Thursday, October 9, 2008

The All In Burger


This was recently posted to the blog "A Hamburger Today" -
Dear AHT: The All-In Burger at Red Hot & Blue in Dallas, Texas
Posted by Robyn Lee,
"I was in Dallas last weekend and stopped in for lunch at barbecue chain restaurant Red Hot and Blue. I don't normally eat restaurant barbecue, so I skipped over the barbecue and checked out the burgers.There it was—a burger fit for a king. The All-In Burger—half a pound of beef, topped with pulled pork, onion rings, cheddar cheese, and barbecue sauce.

The burger would have been very good even without the extras. I ordered it medium and it had a good amount of pink in the middle. Toasted bun, lettuce pickles and tomatoes served on the side. We're off to a good start.

The pulled pork was surprisingly good for restaurant barbecue. I do barbecue competitions, so I get a bit picky about barbecue. The pork was juicy and had a small amount of bark on it. I would have liked a heavier smoke flavor and more bark, but still very tasty.
If you ever make it down to Texas, you should give it a try."

Kirk, Thanks for the tips. I work from home and our company office is out in Dallas. I have been trying to make a short list of places near Irving/DTW area to hit when I'm there and this one looks great.
mmakis at 11:22AM on 08/29/08

And they serve it with fries? The only thing that should come with this burger is a lobster bib.
JudgeFudge at 11:31AM on 08/29/08

Those fries look amazing though!!!
nichole at 11:35AM on 08/29/08

I don't know about the pork beef combo - I would have to taste it for myself. I do love the idea of onion rings on a burger.
AliNC at 12:02PM on 08/29/08

Red Hot & Blue isn't just a Texas chain.
Click the "outside Texas" button on the linked site, and you'll find it in a number of other states. I'm in Washington, DC, and regularly visit a Virginia branch. This write-up made me realize I'm overdue for another visit.
bcarter3 at 12:52PM on 08/29/08

Maybe they should call it the "do you in" burger instead of "all in."
lambowner at 1:03PM on 08/29/08

@bcarter3: Thanks for the info; I've updated the post!

I eat lunch at this RH+B location at least once a week...but have never tried the burgers.
MMmakis...try these very good burger joints next time in Dallas.
-Snuffers-Root Burger-Keller's Drive In-Goff's-Burger House (Hillcrest Road)-my backyard (un-disclosed Dallas location)

A small restaurant near me does the BBQ + Burger combo. I've always thought it was interesting, though not my cup of tea.
Prairie at 8:30PM on 08/29/08
I used to eat at their original restaurant in Arlington, VA, I was never disappointed by any of their food. I particularly liked their key lime pie which is nice followup to a half pound burger.
redfish at 12:38PM on 09/02/08

No comments: